Nationwide Scientific Survey Finds Continued Approval of Hunting, Fishing, and Shooting
This survey of U.S. adults investigated attitudes toward and experiences with hunting. It found a high level of acceptance for hunting among U.S. adults.
- 74% of respondents support legal hunting.
- 13% of respondents had hunted in the previous 12 months.
- Support for all shooting sports, including hunting, increased from 59% in 2001 to 66% in 2011.
- 42% of respondents have eaten wild-caught game in the past year.
- 58% of respondents have eaten wild-caught fish in the past year. Of these, half ate fish they caught themselves.