Faunalytics empowers animal advocates with access to research, analysis, strategies, and messages that maximize their effectiveness to reduce animal suffering.
Faunalytics conducts essential research like impact evaluations, opinion polls, audience surveys, focus groups and other types of studies. Our results can help you understand how people think, so you can choose the best ways to influence them. Our history shows a dedication to our mission: to make you more powerful in creating change for animals.
How Faunalytics Helps Animals
What You Need To Be Effective
Here are just some of the ways you can become an even more effective advocate by using our resources and services.
Dig deeper with the free Faunalytics Library. It’s the world’s biggest collection of opinion and behavior research about animals! Sign up for our email alerts and you’ll get the latest on what matters most delivered straight to your inbox.
Explore trends with our Animal Tracker to see the where the U.S. stands on a variety of animal issues. You’ll discover what’s changing over time… and what isn’t. There’s also a graphing tool you can use to look at the data visually for more insight.
Learn about the basics with our Faunalytics Fundamentals series on a variety of animal topics. You’ll get a summary of important research to help you understand how to motivate people to think and behave in ways that help animals.
Our Original Studies delve into important issues. For example, veg*n advocacy groups across the U.S. and around the world use our groundbreaking report on current and former vegetarians and vegans. This powerful knowledge will spare countless farm animals.
Faunalytics’ Commitment to Quality Research
Faunalytics is an organization committed to providing rigorous research and high quality data. Our Research Library contains a carefully curated collection of thousands of studies that have been summarized by trained personnel and experienced volunteers. We strive to include the best available research on animal issues and make an effort to note when methodologies don’t meet a rigorous standard. Our independent studies are designed and conducted by personnel with decades of collective research experience, and are reviewed by the advocacy community for quality and usefulness to animal advocates.
Here’s how we ensure the data we provide are of the highest quality:
- Each item in our research library clearly indicates whether or not it was peer-reviewed by the scientific community. Peer-reviewed sources are used whenever possible.
- All of Faunalytics’ major independent studies are reviewed by other researchers in the animal advocacy community before they are run.
- Our researchers are trained in social science methodology and statistics: The research director has a PhD and postdoctorate in social psychology (Waterloo, 2012; Cornell, 2014). We also have volunteers with masters’ degrees and PhDs in various fields.
- Faunalytics pre-registers the design and hypotheses for all independent studies and provides open access to study materials and de-identified datasets, to encourage scientific transparency, review, and replicability.
- We conduct power analyses for all new studies to ensure that sample sizes are large enough to detect meaningful effects.
- We use nationally representative, census-balanced participant samples for all major studies that are intended to produce population estimates.
Informed Action. Greater Reaction.
We’ve got even more resources and services in the works. Sign up for our newsletter and connect with us on social media to be the first to know about what’s new to help you help animals. See us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.