Faunalytics operates with a limited budget and a small staff. Volunteers are vital for us to carry out our essential work for animals and advocates.
You can make a difference for animals and advocates – join our team of volunteers and work with the Faunalytics staff on exciting projects. We have a vision of saving animal lives by providing strategic help to advocates, but we need volunteers like you!
Volunteering with Faunalytics is empowering and hands-on and unlike any other volunteer experience. Our small team is already dispersed across three countries and most of our work is online. You can volunteer from your home or anywhere with internet.
We are always looking for researchers and writers with a passion for helping animals. Right now, we’re also looking for volunteers for a few specific roles:
- WordPress developers to build enhancements for our site, improve features, and conduct QA
- Writers to read and then summarize journal articles and other studies for our library
- Editors to review, update, and re-categorize the older articles in our library
- Google AdWords expert to optimize our account and help us with our GrantsPro status
- Graphic designers to help with online and print designs including images for social media
- Spokespeople to serve as topic/subject experts to represent Faunalytics’ work with the press
In addition to volunteers, we also work with both graduate and undergraduate interns and there is usually a chance to earn course credits. Internships involve some combination of research, analysis, writing, and presentation, but the tasks are flexible. All internships are remote and unpaid. Please contact us if you’re interested in exploring an internship with Faunalytics!
Other Ways to Help
If you like what we do, but don’t have the time to volunteer, please consider a donation.
And please check our social media for short-term volunteer opportunities.