Which Advocacy Tactics are Most Effective to Change Diets?: A Faunalytics Infocomic
Farmed animal advocates are up against entrenched habits, social norms, and wealthy opposition when trying to advance plant-based eating. Which approaches should you use to get the best results with individuals?
The infographic below summarizes the results of our groundbreaking study measuring the effectiveness of 16 different tactics (right-click the image to view / download the graphic at a larger size).
In a hurry? The top section quickly explains the research, shows what we tested, and gives you the bottom line to change how people eat.
Want to understand how we came to those recommendations? Check out the other sections about the experiment and survey that comprised the project. You’ll also see more detail on what works and what doesn’t — which is different for people who do or don’t think of themselves as already avoiding meat to at least some degree.
How can you put this infographic to work to help animals?
- Use it to understand, remember and act on the key findings from the study.
- Discuss the results with colleagues and consider if/how to adapt your campaigns and other initiatives.
- Share with funders to help attract support for effective tactics.
- Include the infographic in your newsletter or magazine and show how your programs are aligned
- Strengthen our movement by using the social graphics below to engage more advocates with this important information.
You can read the full report Planting Seeds: The Impact Of Diet & Different Animal Advocacy Tactics for much more detail. If you’d like more help understanding or applying the research, please come to our Office Hours where one of our research scientists will be glad to assist you.