New Research Shows Having A Companion Animal Is Hairy Situation
Survey results by Bissell Homecare address companion animal ownership habits of people in the U.S., finding that half of dog and cat owners allow their companion animal to roam free in their houses all of the time. The survey also addresses other companion animal lifestyle habits, with emphasis on hair/fur.
- 57% of companion animal owners say their companion animals are more likely than their significant other to give them a kiss as soon as they walk in the door.
- 86% do not mind having a less clean home because of a dog or cat.
- 38% of U.S. adults (both companion animal owners and others) would have a companion animal in their home if “cleaning up after them was an easy job.”
- 62% of U.S. companion animal owners would give up a small luxury for a month for their companion animal never to shed again.
- 73% of companion animal owners would “like a magic wand to either remove pet stains from their carpet or pet hair or odor from their homes.”
- 51% of companion animal owners use a “quick fix” to hide companion animal odor or stains.