Frequently Asked Questions
- What is P2P Fundraising? P2P means peer-to-peer, where our supporters raise funds for Faunalytics from their own friends and networks.
- I don’t have access to a social media account. Are there other ways to raise P2P funds for Faunalytics? Sure! Social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram make it easy to raise P2P funds for nonprofit organizations, but there are certainly other ways you can launch a P2P fundraiser. Consider reaching out to your friends and family and asking them to donate another way, for example by collecting cash or bank transfers and then donating them all at once to Faunalytics. You can also ask people in your network to make a donation directly and make a note of your fundraiser in the comments section. You can learn about other ways of donating to Faunalytics here.
- How are P2P funds used at Faunalytics? We use donations to support our important, capacity-building animal advocacy programs, such as our original research program, our research library, our pro-bono office hours, and our Faunalytics Fundamentals. We also use our funds to support other innovative projects and initiatives, such as data-driven videos, factsheets, and webinars. If you’d like your P2P donations to go toward a specific project or program, please let us know.
- I’ve launched a social media P2P for Faunalytics, do I need to tell you? If you’ve launched a fundraiser through social media and selected Faunalytics as your beneficiary, we will receive an update directly from Facebook/Instagram after the fundraiser is over. However, we would also love to hear from you directly so we can thank you personally for your support! Please consider sending us an email to let us know about your fundraising efforts.
- I’ve raised funds for Faunalytics but would not like to be named in the Hall of Fame. What do I do? No worries! You can reach out to us at [email protected] and let us know that you would like to keep your P2P support anonymous.
- Is there another way to donate to Faunalytics? Yes – check out our Support Page to learn about the different ways you can donate to support our work.