Here at Faunalytics, we’re always looking to be more effective, and fundraising is no exception! If you’re thinking about launching a P2P fundraiser to support our mission, read on to learn how you can maximize the impact of your efforts.
Setting Up Your Fundraiser
- Personalize your title. This is as simple as adding your name, such as Jo’s Fundraiser for Faunalytics or Casey’s Birthday Fundraiser! What’s important is that the people in your network feel connected to you.
- Get creative! Faunalytics provides a gallery of images to choose from for your fundraiser’s cover photo, but you can also create your own! For example, consider using a childhood photo for your birthday fundraiser, which reminds people that supporting the fundraiser is their gift to you.
- Speak from the heart. We’ve outlined template text for you to use when filling out the details of your fundraiser, but it can be helpful to personalize your description. Why do you support Faunalytics, and what do you want your loved ones to know about us? Your friends and family will want to hear your voice shine through.
- Set an achievable goal. People are more likely to donate the closer you are to reaching your fundraising goal (this is referred to as the goal proximity effect or goal gradient). So we recommend starting with a $250-$500 baseline goal (depending on your comfort level), then increasing this goal when you hit your initial target. Keep increasing your goal as you continue knocking it out of the park!
Promoting Your Fundraiser
- Share, share, and share again. Once you’ve created your fundraiser, you have to share it (and keep sharing it). Personally invite all of your connections to the fundraiser, especially your close friends and family. Then share it on your own page at least every few days to keep your campaign fresh on everyone’s mind. It’s also important to share updates as you hit exciting milestones.
- Go live! Connect with your followers by posting a live video. Keep it genuine, sharing why you’re fundraising for Faunalytics and how much their support means to you. People perceive immediate emotional experiences as more intense than previous emotional experiences, and your heartfelt live video will tap into this immediacy bias, inspiring your friends to give.
- Spread thanks and gratitude. Each time someone donates, share the fundraiser again and thank them. If your friend is comfortable with it, tag them in your post so it will appear in front of their networks as well.
- Create a match challenge. If you have the means, challenge your friends to give by saying that you’ll match every donation they make. Or put a spin on the match — one of our P2P Hall of Famers shared a fun photo from their childhood for every donation received, which really brought the fundraiser to life and made it engaging for everyone.
After Your Fundraiser
- Thank everyone. Be sure to close out your fundraiser by once again thanking everyone for their support. You can even share that you’re now a member of Faunalytics’ P2P Hall of Fame!
- Claim your swag. Fundraisers who raise at least $100 receive a free, limited-edition Faunalytics t-shirt! Email us your mailing address and preferred shirt size when your fundraiser ends and we’ll get your shirt sent right away (note that size is not guaranteed, and we can only offer free shipping within the USA).
- Be an ambassador. Strike a pose and post a photo of yourself rocking your new swag, and consider sharing a link to our website, encouraging people to check us out to learn more.
- Repeat! We’re so grateful for our superstar fundraisers, and we want you to know that no matter how much you ultimately raise, every dollar makes a big difference for us here at Faunalytics. We hope you’ll make your fundraiser an annual tradition!
If we’ve turned you into a certifiable fundraiser who wants to learn more about the psychology of giving, check out Faunalytics’ detailed guide to crafting evidence-based fundraising strategies. And from all of us here at Faunalytics, thank you so much for joining our dedicated and growing group of P2P supporters! We couldn’t do it without you.