Now Hiring: Faunalytics Operations Manager
Job Opening: Operations Manager
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Status: Part-time, salaried
- Hours: 20 hours/week, flexible
- Rate of pay: Depends on experience
- Location: Remote; open to residents of any country
- Deadline: Apply by August 31, 2018
Faunalytics is hiring a part-time Operations Manager. We are a nonprofit research organization dedicated to helping animals by providing useful information to advocates to help them increase their impact. Our work involves maintaining an extensive animal advocacy research library, conducting original research on topics that are important to advocates, and working directly with other nonprofits to evaluate their efforts.
The Operations Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and other Faunalytics staff members. While the Operations Manager’s responsibilities will be largely administrative in nature, familiarity with both social science research and animal advocacy is a substantial plus. The successful candidate will demonstrate flawless attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communications skills.
From time to time, the Operations Manager may also be asked to assist the organization with non-administrative tasks involving research, writing, editing, social media, etc. We’re a small team at Faunalytics and we all wear many hats while supporting each other and having fun! See below for details.
- Maintain compliance with state/federal filings, including taxes
- Manage monthly payroll and contractor payments
- Oversee finances, banking, and accounting systems
- Help manage onboarding of new volunteers and staff members
- Coordinate relationships with partner organizations and funders
- Assist with fundraising tasks, including research and writing
- Facilitate correspondence with and between board and staff
- Work with media and others to increase Faunalytics’ visibility
- Assist with library and social media tasks, as needed
- Assist with research-related tasks, as needed
- Other varied tasks, as needed
- Strong commitment to animal protection and Faunalytics’ mission
- Four-year degree (BA or BSc) in a relevant field
- Three or more years of operations management experience
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency with Excel and Word
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with accounting, financial, and budgeting systems and reporting
- Ability to balance multiple deadlines and responsibilities
- Self-driven and able to work remotely with limited oversight
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Masters of Business Administration or related degree (including pending)
- Familiarity with social science research
- Familiarity with the animal advocacy movement
- Familiarity with communication tools including Slack and Asana
- Familiarity with Google services including AdWords and Analytics
- Familiarity with QuickBooks
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunities
Faunalytics values diversity and is committed to promoting it within our organization. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, persons living with disabilities, and people of varied socioeconomic backgrounds and national origins to apply for this position.
Faunalytics is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, size, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policy is available here.
How to Apply
Please apply by August 31 by submitting your CV/resumé and cover letter to [email protected] All applications will be processed in strict confidentiality. We sincerely thank all candidates for their time and interest. However, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.