NatureServe: Animal Data For Download
NatureServe has complied data in the form of digital distribution maps, for free download. The data covers population distributions in regions of the Western hemisphere for various animal species, including amphibians, pollinator species, mammals, fishes, and birds.
Data set summary:
“NatureServe compiles and maintains extensive data on the animals of the United States, Canada, and the entire Western Hemisphere. These data focus on the taxonomy, natural history, distribution, and conservation status of vertebrates and selected invertebrates. The following downloadable datasets are available here:”
- Digital Distribution Maps of Important Pollinator Species
- Digital Distribution Maps of the Birds of the Western Hemisphere
- Digital Distribution Maps of the Mammals of the Western Hemisphere
- Digital Distribution Maps of the World’s Amphibians
- Digital Distribution Maps of the Freshwater Fishes of the Conterminous United States
The link below links to the site where all of these digital distribution maps can be viewed and downloaded.