One of the best ways to help Faunalytics in our mission of supporting and empowering animal advocates with data is by donating. If you’re not in a position to make a donation yourself, or if you feel like you could potentially mobilize and motivate a larger circle of people to donate to us, a Facebook or Instagram Fundraiser can help you achieve that goal. Whether you do it for your birthday, or just because you want to help us out, Facebook has made it easy to gather funds and get them directly to us. The best part is that these platforms take no fees, so we get 100% of what you raise.
Here’s how to get started:
To create a Facebook fundraiser for Faunalytics, click “Fundraisers” in the left menu of your News Feed then follow these easy steps:
- Click the green “Raise Money” button.
- Select “Nonprofit or Charity” and then enter “Faunalytics”
- Fill in the fundraiser details. We encourage you to personalize the text, but here’s some sample text to get you started: I’m raising money for Faunalytics (faunalytics.org), a research nonprofit that provides animal advocates with the resources they need to be more effective for animals. Faunalytics helps the animal protection movement work smarter to end animal suffering.
- Add a cover photo – choose from the selection of images below we created just for you, or create your own!
- Click Create, and your fundraiser is live! Facebook will send donations directly to Faunalytics when your fundraiser is complete, regardless if you meet your goal or not.
- If you want some tips on the best way to promote your fundraiser to make sure it’s successful, this is a great link to get you started.
Instagram fundraising is available using the “stories” feature. Just click on the camera photo on the top left of your screen, take a photo (or upload an existing photo from your camera roll), and then take the following steps:
- Click on the sticker icon at the top of your screen (it’s in the shape of a folded square with a smiley face).
- Click on the “donation” icon, then search for Faunalytics.
- Click on Faunalytics, then select “done” at the top right of your screen.
- You can also add text to the photo by clicking the text icon at the top of your screen. We encourage you to personalize the text and tell people why you’re raising money for Faunalytics. Here’s an idea to get you started: I’m raising money for @Faunalytics to help end animal suffering. Faunalytics provides animal advocates with access to important research and data to help them be more effective for animals.
- Once you’re done personalizing your story, click the “Send To” button at the bottom right of your screen, and then share it to your story!
Thank you for helping us make a difference for animals. The whole Faunalytics team appreciates your support!