One of the best ways to help Faunalytics in our mission to inform and empower the animal advocacy movement is by donating. If you’re not in a position to make a donation yourself, or if you have the potential to mobilize and motivate a larger circle of people to donate to us, a Facebook or Instagram Fundraiser can help you achieve that goal! Whether you fundraise for your birthday, the holiday season, or just because you want to help us out, Facebook and Instagram have made the process easy. The best part is that these platforms take no fees, so we get 100% of what you raise!
Here’s how to get started:
To create a Facebook fundraiser for Faunalytics, click “Fundraisers” in the left menu of your News Feed then follow these easy steps:
- Click the blue “Raise Money” button on the left side of your screen. If you’re using the Facebook mobile app, click on the three parallel lines on the bottom right of the app, then scroll down to find the “Fundraisers” button; click on it, then select the “Create a Fundraiser” button at the top left of your screen.
- Select “Nonprofit” as the recipient of your funds, and then enter “Faunalytics.”
- Fill in the fundraiser details, including the amount of money you want to raise, when your fundraiser will end, the title of your fundraiser, and why you’re raising money on behalf of Faunalytics. We encourage you to personalize the text, but here’s some sample text to get you started:
Companies that exploit animals spend millions of dollars on research to sway public opinion to their advantage. I’m raising money for Faunalytics (faunalytics.org), a nonprofit that levels the playing field by providing animal advocates with the research and insights they need to make a bigger difference for animals.
I’m raising money for Faunalytics (faunalytics.org), a research organization that provides animal advocates with access to the insights, strategies, and messages they need to make a bigger difference for animals. For over 20 years, Faunalytics has been informing and empowering the animal advocacy movement, and they need our help to continue providing their critical resources to animal advocates.
- Add a cover photo – choose from the selection of images below we created just for you, or create your own!
- Click Create, and your fundraiser is live! Facebook will send donations directly to Faunalytics when your fundraiser is complete, regardless if you meet your goal or not.
- If you want some tips on the best way to promote your fundraiser to make sure it’s successful, this is a great link to get you started.
PS: Did you know you can create a Facebook fundraiser while using Facebook live? If you’re looking for a creative way to raise funds for Faunalytics, consider asking your viewers to donate in your next live video! More details here.
Facebook Fundraiser Cover Photos
Instagram fundraising is available using the “stories” feature. Just click on the camera photo on the top left of your screen, take a photo (or upload an existing photo from your camera roll), and then take the following steps:
- Click on the sticker icon at the top of your screen (it’s in the shape of a folded square with a smiley face).
- Click on the “donation” icon, then search for Faunalytics.
- Click on Faunalytics, then select “done” at the top right of your screen.
- You can also add text to the photo by clicking the text icon at the top of your screen. We encourage you to personalize the text and tell people why you’re raising money for Faunalytics. Here’s an idea to get you started: I’m raising money for @Faunalytics to help end animal suffering. Faunalytics provides animal advocates with access to important research and data to help them be more effective for animals.
- Once you’re done personalizing your story, click the “Send To” button at the bottom right of your screen, and then share it to your story!
Thank you for helping us make a difference for animals. The whole Faunalytics team appreciates your support!
Instagram Story Images
Click on the images above to open high-res versions, and save them on your mobile device.