Faunalytics Seeks Communications and Development Manager
Faunalytics is growing and we are now accepting applications for our Communications and Development Manager! Are you passionate about helping animal advocates be as effective as possible? Do you excel at creating and executing strategic communications and fundraising campaigns? This could be the career you’ve been waiting for! This position will play an integral role in expanding our fundraising efforts and visibility among animal advocates and donors alike, ultimately increasing our impact potential.
Our small-but-mighty team is dedicated to helping animals by providing useful information and resources to advocates to help them increase their impact. Our work involves maintaining an extensive animal advocacy research library, conducting original research on topics that are important to the animal protection movement, and working directly with other nonprofits to ensure they have the insight and information they need to succeed. Apply today to help us make a difference for animals!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Advocate Relations:
- Develop and execute a strategy for increasing awareness and use of Faunalytics’ work among the animal protection movement, both nationally and internationally.
- Assist senior staff with cultivating, maintaining, and strengthening relationships with high-impact animal protection organizations.
- Help implement a strategy for measuring the use and impact of all of Faunalytics’ resources among animal advocates (from grassroots to major organizations).
- Disseminate original studies to appropriate organizations.
- Social Media:
- Manage the organization’s social media accounts, including developing, planning, and executing strategies that increase brand awareness and engagement.
- Responsible for creating content and engaging with social media networks. This includes developing and expanding our online community and influencer outreach efforts.
- Evaluate campaigns and translate data and trends into recommendations and plans for revising social media efforts, content marketing, and social advertising campaigns.
- Media Relations:
- Develop a media outreach strategy, seeking and obtaining high-level article placements primarily in online media.
- Draft and send press releases and cultivate media relationships to increase public awareness, both nationally and internationally.
- Identify and secure speaking opportunities (including news interviews) to expand awareness of our work.
- Serve as the initial contact for all public inquiries.
- Assist senior staff with promoting and conducting online webinars.
- Misc. communications related tasks as they arise.
- Donor Development:
- Assist with fundraising efforts, including prospect donor research and outreach (people and corporations).
- Assist in growing monthly donor support and reengaging lapsed donors.
- Design and execute a strategy for engaging donors in online peer-to-peer fundraising, including Facebook fundraising.
- Serve as a lead in the development and execution of Giving Tuesday and Year-End fundraising plans and efforts.
- Assist in developing a program for support through trusts and bequests.
- Grants Management:
- Assist in identifying opportunities for soliciting new funding from philanthropic foundations.
- Develop proposals and reports for foundation grants as needed.
- Manage grant reporting calendar and accurately track and monitor restricted funds.
- Responsible for gift processing (data entry and gift acknowledgement on behalf of the executive director).
- Misc. development related tasks as they arise.
- Belief in Faunalytics’ mission and animal protection
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Three or more years of nonprofit communications and development experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficiency with managing social media for business
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Self-driven and able to work remotely with limited oversight
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small team, including a willingness to help other team members as needed
- Familiarity with Google for business (Docs/Sheets/Drive)
- Commitment to a vegan lifestyle
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Five or more years of nonprofit communications and development experience for an animal-related organization
- Familiarity with social science research
- Familiarity with effective animal advocacy and effective altruism
- Familiarity with communication tools including Slack, Asana, and Zoom
- Familiarity with Google services including AdWords and Analytics
- Familiarity with Quickbooks Online
Compensation, Benefits, and Important Details:
- Reports to: Executive Director and works closely with the Content Director
- Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, flexible
- Salary: $43,000 USD annually
- Benefits: Health care stipend, equipment stipend, 10 paid vacation days, 10 paid holidays, and 8 paid sick days
- Location: Remote (preference is given to work hours that align with North America)
- Deadline: Apply by February 20, 2020
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunities:
Faunalytics values diversity among our team and we strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+, persons living with disabilities, and people of varied socioeconomic backgrounds and national origins to apply for this position. Faunalytics is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, size, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Our complete non-discrimination and anti-harassment policy is available here.
How to apply:
Submit your CV/resume and cover letter to [email protected] No phone calls, please. All applications will be processed in strict confidentiality. We sincerely thank all candidates for their time and interest; however, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.