Faunalytics is Hiring! Be Our New Research Assistant
Job Opening: Research Assistant
- Reports to: Research Director
- Status: Part-time, contract
- Hours: 20 hours/week, flexible
- Rate of pay: $18-22/hour
- Location: Remote; open to residents of any country
Faunalytics is hiring a part-time research assistant (RA). We are a nonprofit research organization dedicated to helping animals by providing useful information to advocates to help them increase their impact. Currently, we are planning and conducting several experimental investigations of different messaging strategies, nationally representative surveys of animal-related topics, and a qualitative analysis of comments on social media.
The RA will work closely with the research director, Dr. Jo Anderson, on some or all of Faunalytics’ research projects, depending on skill set. The RA may also be asked to assist the organization with non-research tasks.
- Contributing to study design
- Coding qualitative data
- Cleaning and/or analyzing data
- Creating graphs and tables
- Preparing and editing reports
- Programming surveys
- Conducting literature reviews
- Other varied tasks
- Four-year degree (BA or BSc) in psychology, sociology, or a related field
- 3-5 years of research experience
- Familiarity with inferential statistics (e.g., t-tests, ANOVA, regression)
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and general computer literacy
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to balance multiple deadlines and responsibilities
- Self-driven and able to work remotely with limited oversight
- Strong commitment to the animal protection cause
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proficiency with SPSS or R
- Experience coding qualitative data
- Experience programming surveys (e.g., in SurveyGizmo or Qualtrics)
- Familiarity with the animal advocacy movement
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunities
Faunalytics values diversity and is committed to promoting it within our organization. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, persons living with disabilities, and people of varied socioeconomic backgrounds and national origins to apply for this position.
Faunalytics is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, size, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policy is available here.
How to Apply
Please apply by June 15 by submitting a CV/resumé and cover letter to [email protected]. All applications will be processed in strict confidentiality. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.